This very elegant lightweight coat is waterproof and windproof, breathable. The three quarter length provides extra rain protection on and off the saddle and, having all the features that you need in a high quality riding jacket, this coat is suitable for riding - whether hacking or training. The material has a slight stretch, allowing total freedom of movement.
Stierna is a Swedish brand which provides innovative and highly technical equestrian wear to enable riders to perform at their optimum, whatever the weather. The Storm rain coat protects you against rain and wind while releasing excess heat and moisture from the body and the layers underneath. A water and windproof yet breathable garment with all seams tape-sealed that will keep you comfortable even during the wettest day.
- 2-layer EquTex™ stretch coat
- Water- and windproof and breathable, fully taped
- Eco-friendly fluorocarbon-free DWR-treatment
High collar with chinguard for comfort
2-way YKK-front zipper
Detachable hood with one-hand adjustments at front and neck
Hood is fastened with snap buttons for safety
Pre-shaped sleeves designed for mobility
Asymmetrical sleeve ends with velcro adjustment for comfort and fit
Storm plackets at zippers to protect against rain and wind
Two YKK-zippered hand pockets
Large chest pocket with YKK zipper and opening for ear phones
YKK-zippered slit at back
- Reflective prints at front, sleeve and back neck
EquTex™, 2-layer recycled polyester fabric with waterproof and breathable membrane. Waterproofness 20 000 mm / Breathability 20 000 g/mm2/24h. The shell fabric has an Eco-friendly fluorocarbon-free DWR-treatment.
Care instructions Stierna EQUTEX™
Here are tips on how to take care of your Stierna EQUTEX ™ garments in the best way so that they keep their performance, stay fresh and withstand many years of use.
All EQUTEX materials are waterproof and windproof and have a vapor permeability, “breathable". Wash the garment on a regular basis to maintain the full functionality and avoid clogging the breathability with dirt. In addition to a waterproof membrane, all EQUTEX materials have a DWR (Durable Water Repellent) treatment, which is a surface treatment of the fabric to make it dirt and water repellent. If the outer fabric gets wet, the garment’s breathability is prevented and the wet/cold fabric hangs against your body - the membrane that sits on the inside of the fabric is still active and the garment is waterproof - but it can be experienced that the garment "leaks" when condensation forms on the inside of the garment. The garment then needs to be re-proofed, and we recommend that this is done at least once per season or more often depending on how much the garment has been used as the surface treatment will be worn off over time.
Follow the care instructions on the label inside the garment.
- Brush off mud, sand, hay and hair.
- Close zippers and velcros before washing and release adjustable cords on hood, waist, and bottom. And don’t forget to empty the pockets of horse treats!
- Use a mild detergent suitable for technical waterproof/breathable fabrics, we recommend Nikwax Tech Wash. Household detergents can destroy the functionality of the fabric. Never use fabric softener, as it clogs the pores of the membrane and destroys the garment's breathability.
- Rinse the garment thoroughly and do not overdose on the detergent.
- Hang-dry the garment at room temperature.
- When re-proofing EQUTEX garments, we recommend Nikwax TX.Direct Wash-in. Follow the instructions on the bottle. Remember that a long coat is equal to two (2) garments and dose accordingly.
- Do not tumble dry.