An unbeatable lightweight waterproof riding jacket from Stierna. The Storm Rain jacket will keep you protected from rain when on and off your horse in a stylish and comfortable way. This new jacket from Stierna is waterproof, windproof and breathable - just like the winter Stella jacket but in a lighter wright version, suitable for all seasons. The material is lightweight and quiet and is comfortable to wear even when it is warm and raining.
Stierna is a Swedish brand that provides innovative and highly technical equestrian wear to enable riders to perform at their optimum, whatever the weather.
The Storm jacket protects you from rain and wind while releasing excess heat and moisture from the body and the layers underneath. A water and windproof yet breathable garment with all seams tape-sealed that will keep you comfortable even during the wettest days. It is your shield against the elements and no matter the conditions you and your horse can still perform at your very best.
Material: EquTex™, 2-layer recycled polyester fabric with waterproof and breathable membrane. Waterproofness 20 000 mm / Breathability 20 000 g/mm2/24h. The shell fabric has an Eco-friendly fluorocarbon-free DWR-treatment.
Care instructions Stierna EQUTEX™
Here are tips on how to take care of your Stierna EQUTEX ™ garments in the best way so that they keep their performance, stay fresh and withstand many years of use.
All EQUTEX materials are waterproof and windproof and have a vapor permeability, “breathable". Wash the garment on a regular basis to maintain the full functionality and avoid clogging the breathability with dirt. In addition to a waterproof membrane, all EQUTEX materials have a DWR (Durable Water Repellent) treatment, which is a surface treatment of the fabric to make it dirt and water repellent. If the outer fabric gets wet, the garment’s breathability is prevented and the wet/cold fabric hangs against your body - the membrane that sits on the inside of the fabric is still active and the garment is waterproof - but it can be experienced that the garment "leaks" when condensation forms on the inside of the garment. The garment then needs to be re-proofed, and we recommend that this is done at least once per season or more often depending on how much the garment has been used as the surface treatment will be worn off over time.
Follow the care instructions on the label inside the garment.
- Brush off mud, sand, hay and hair.
- Close zippers and velcros before washing and release adjustable cords on hood, waist, and bottom. And don’t forget to empty the pockets of horse treats!
- Use a mild detergent suitable for technical waterproof/breathable fabrics, we recommend Nikwax Tech Wash. Household detergents can destroy the functionality of the fabric. Never use fabric softener, as it clogs the pores of the membrane and destroys the garment's breathability.
- Rinse the garment thoroughly and do not overdose on the detergent.
- Hang-dry the garment at room temperature.
- When re-proofing EQUTEX garments, we recommend Nikwax TX.Direct Wash-in. Follow the instructions on the bottle. Remember that a long coat is equal to two (2) garments and dose accordingly.
- Do not tumble dry.