Working in partnership with your training programme for your horse, NAF MPower supports the development of optimum muscle mass and function in youngsters and the maintenance of optimum muscle integrity in performance horses.
NAF MPower achieves this by providing key amino acids including Methionine, Tryptophan and – the most important for equine diets – Lysine. These amino acids help to ensure muscle growth and repair to maintain a healthy muscle structure, as part of day to day training.
MPower also harnesses the power of marine algae to provide a broad spectrum of natural muscamino acids, meaning no requirements are missed.
MPower also contains zinc, magnesium and a variety of herbs, probiotics to support your horses gut, nutrients to support healthy blood and anti-oxidents to help support repair.
- Zinc is an important nutrient for muscle health, with half of the body’s total zinc being held in muscles. Zinc is a key constituent of the enzyme Superoxide dismustase (SOD), a deficiency of which is associated with lack of muscle mass and muscle atrophy.
- Magnesium works on nerve endings in muscles to support relaxed, healthy muscles. Within the UK magnesium can be naturally low in soil, particularly in areas of high rainfall. Low magnesium may be seen as tight muscles and muscle spasm.
- MPower provides key adaptogenic herbs to help the horse’s system cope with the physiological stresses of training, important both to young horses where their systems are adapting to their work, but also in elite athletes to keep them at the top of their game.
- Increasingly the role of gut health in overall health is being recognised in horses. MPower provides a broad spectrum approach to gut health, combining live probiotic yeast, Brewer’s yeast and herbal support for gut health.
- During exercise the main role of red blood cells is to transport oxygen to the muscle for power, and to remove the waste product, carbon dioxide, to the lungs for expiration. For this to happen efficiently sufficient levels of healthy red blood cells in the system are required. To maintain healthy red blood cell production MPower provides key nutrients for red blood cell production, Iron, Copper and Iodine.
- MPower also combines the power of naturally sourced antioxidants including Rosehip shells and Milk Thistle Seeds with the antioxidant Vitamin E to ensure oxidative capacity is maintained within the system. These antioxidant defences allow the horse to perform maximally and supports the absence of physiological stress from the system.
So we can see that as training increases the specific nutritional demands on the system also increase. Gradually increasing training is a great way of increasing muscle mass and fitness, aerobic capacity and performance, but only if we empower the horse with the nutritional tools to cope – and we now recognise that ‘tool box’ is large and complex. Historically we’ve thought of nutrition for muscle health to be all about amino acids and protein synthesis, but there is so much more to it than just that. If we want our horses to prove themselves at the highest levels, and stay there for many years, we need to provide complex targeted nutrition for muscle and performance from MPower.
900g pot. Also available in 2.7kg.