Hit-Air vests are designed to be super-light weight and flexible - for ultimate comfort and freedom of movement, while providing optimal protection on inflation. The award winning air bag is triggered when the rider and horse become separated to provide a stabilising, shock buffering system for added protection to the neck, spine, chest, ribcage, lower back and vital organs.
If competing cross country with an air jacket, you must wear a body protector underneath. The Medium and large sizes have wider airbags and longer straps and we find that they generally work well over the top of body protectors. Please come in and try them on.
- The super-lightweight air vest is perfect for hacking and schooling, in addition to the more extreme equestrian disciplines
- Shock buffering, stabalising system, which provides added protection to the neck, spine, collar bones, lower back, rib cage and vital organs
- The neck protection is designed to decelerate the neck in the event of a fall, significantly reducing the possibility of hyper-extension and whiplash
- The Hit-Air vest is the only air vest on the market which has rib cage air bags, helping to protect both ribs and vital organs
- The patented design, allows the lower back protection to be neatly folded away, so that it does not interfere with the saddle
- The vest inflates outwards (rather than inwards) so there is no possibility of the rider being winded by the inflation process
- The Hit-Air vest compliments all types of conventional body protectors, although it can be worn alone.
- Affiliated competitions — for example British Eventing horse trials — stipulate that a BETA-approved Level 3 body protector must be used.
- Weight only 810g- riders report they don't feel like they are wearing it.
- The inflation rate of the air vests is approximately 0.25 seconds*
*Testing was conducted under laboratory conditions by the Japanese Automobile Research Institute and TNO Netherlands and is the time taken from activation of the key ball mechanism to the point of full inflation.
Servicing is recommended annually or after a heavy fall.
You are highly recommended to come in and talk to us, we will happily detonate a test canister on you- you just pay for the canister if you don't want to commit to the air jacket. This way you know how it feels in real life.
An air jacket will only inflate if the rider is separated from their horse. For more complete protection, use a body protector with an air jacket over the top.